Monday, November 10, 2008

the business head on me...

i haven't really got one...

i've been a designer for 6 years, within my course at uni we had to study professinal practice but thats exactly what it was all about...professional practice and how to deal with professional aspects of being a designer, nothing to enlighten me as to how to set up a business, run a business, maintain a business...

and i guess in recent weeks alot of advice coming my way has been to set up my own thing and do my own thing, but where do i start and how do i start...

i was at workshop a few weeks ago where a colleague in the design industry said that he had been described as 'a business man first and a designer second'... is that my problem, i'm a designer first....it's all i know and its just the way i am

it lead to a very interesting discussion amongst a few of us trying to decide what comes first - design or profit? can you give 50% to each or will one always lead the other...? 

1 comment:

Moo said...

Too bad Leah and you can't put your heads together. She spent an enormous amount of time working on a business plan for a company while in school. Her team won a prestigious award in San Francisco. She may have advice?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online