Thursday, October 23, 2008

stroller, saunterer, drifter...

hi folks....its Thursday, and truth be told I've managed to have a very busy week.

its a tiring daily battle knocking on doors, asking for work, sending the CV out there, getting knock backs, getting told my CV will be held on file for 6 months ya-de-ya-de-ya...

still none-the-less...i've actually enjoyed having my head out of a desk and walking about Dublin and realising that there's actually a whole entire world out there....

i remember the first time i went to NYC, and being in central park and in total bemusement and awe at the amount of people continuously jogging and running and the likes, and wondering to myself 'don't these people have jobs and a life'...and now I'm sitting in St Stephen's Green in the nice October sunshine we've been having wondering exactly the same about the people of Dublin.

got me back to thinking about all the things i learnt in Uni about the 'fláneur' and the 'voyeur' and I'm starting to think past the exterior of the facades of our streets and urban landscapes and actually observing the city - and so all these theories and contexts are flooding back to me so I'm going to take a day to re-aquaint myself with these contexts and my thoughts and see what i can come up with....Ed Hollis, thanks for the insights....

2 comments:

miss mary said...

well i,m glad your enjoying but don't get too settled get out there and show what your worth custard and your not a jelly baby

Joanna said...

Interesting observation...I too always wondered what went on outside the office..."who are all those people?" Think your having some nice time to reflect about the profession that you love. Can't wait to see whats next for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online