Tuesday, March 16, 2010

macha...

macha was the pagan queen who gave armagh its name...

"ard mhacha" - meaning height of macha as it was this queen who first build her fortress on the hight of a hill near to where armagh stands today...

one of my favourite artists...who signed a print for me about 10years ago is jim fitzpatrick...who created these fantastic images of queen macha...


i had a friend from school who was studying fashion and textiles in galashiels...this girl was interviewing jim fitzpatrick in dublin and i begged for her to bring me back a signed postcard or poster or something...and what i have is a signed a4 print out of one of his works...

i'm looking forward to getting it re-framed and hung on a wall in our new house...

2 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Hey Richy! Just discovered your blog; it's brilliant! I'm adding it to my google reader! :)

custardbydesign said...

will...a new visitor - i love to see new vistors...i do hope you'll be back...

thanks for adding me to your google reader...

i'm away to pop over and check out your own blogg...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online